In this article,we would like to show you the procedure for Stock ROM installation for Galaxy S4. By the Stock ROM you will be able to unroot the device and also the touchwiz interface is available. We are writing this post actually because many of the users faced trouble after changing the stock ROM which was provided in Galaxy by default.
Before you Install the Stock ROM to your device, there are a few things which are to be kept in mind. Stock ROM will restore the default software and interface that was pre installed on your device.
One of the risks is that, all the dasa on your device will be lost and also the root access will also be lost while installing Stock ROM on Galaxy S4.
Inorder to avoid this problem, you will have to use the Root Keeper App from play store. This tutorial will help you unroot galaxy s4.
Things you need before beginning Installation:
1. Your Computer must have the proper drivers installed.
2.Your phone must be atleast 80% battery charged, so that the phone will not be switched off in between the process.
3.It is better to create a backup of the data.
4.Enable USB Debugging from your settings.
5. Download the following files:
U.S Galaxy S4:
Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2 – M919UVUFNB4)
Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – M919UVUAMDL)
Download AT&T Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – UCUAMDL)
Download Verizon Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – VPUAMDC)
Download Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – L720SPTAMDC)
Download US Cellular Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2 – R970TYUFNAE)
Follow the steps carefully to install Stock ROM:
1. See that you have already backed up your data.
2. Boot the S4 in the download mode, which can be done by pressing the Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons simultaneously.
3. Install the downloaded Odin Software that you installed in your computer.
4. The phone asks you for the conformation to boot into the download mode. Select Yes and let it boot.
5. Connect the device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
6. After a successful connection, the ID:COM section will turn Blue or Yellow as shown:
7. If this doesnt happen, an error has occured. So Try again by disconnecting it and connecting again.
8. Now select the PDA option as shown and select the Stock ROM file for Galaxy S4 which you downloaded earlier.
9. You should Auto Reboot and other options should be checked as shown below.
10. Verify the settings in the images and click on the Start.
11. The Odin Software will install the Stock ROM on your devide. After the completion, the ID:COM section turns green and says PASS.
12. You have successfully installed and flashed the Stock ROM on your device.