Remastersys tutorial and download
THIS PROGRAM CREATES A .ISO FILE OF YOUR COMPUTER,, then the regular steps follow for installation using CD or unebootln.
So with Remastersys you can
- stop worrying about computer formats and re-installation of apps (recommended)
- share your operating system with friends (along with your applications and updates)(recommended)
- you can save your data files also. including your wallpaper etc
- you can save all your settings and customization’s
- you can made a cdfs file system and modify files on the fly(advanced)
- you can create a new operating system from a existing one(advanced)
Of the above , our aim is to only make a simple ISO of our computer and keep it ready in case the Linux crashes or gets formatted.
- first login to your Linux machine!!
- download the Remastersys software from here .
- it will show no preview available,, just press download
- most probably you will have to right click on the file and select “open with gdebi installer”
- after that make sure you are connected to the internet
- click on install, it will install all the dependencies and all…
- now you can find Remastersys in your system menu.
now open the remastersys program you will see a screen similar to this.
as you can see, there are many options, we are more interested in the 2nd(dist option)
others are not necessary for now.
Now we shall see how to make a basic ISO with all your updates and applications(real cool)
now click on the 2nd option (DIST) and press OK,, you will get another screen,, press OK there too!
- now you will see a black window
- it will process out everything,,
- it will take 20-30 minutes depending on the applications you have.
|my file manager, click on file system|
after clicking on the home folder you should see something like this.
|inside the home folder|
|inside the Remastersys folder|
now you will see a file called CUSTOM.ISO