Change Logon Screen In Windows 7
Hello everyone , today i will tell you how to change your Windows Logon screen’s Background Manually and also with the help of a software.
Manually change your logon Screen :
- First the image you choose must be a JPG format .
If your image file type is different , open your image in paint and Save it as JPG file.
- Rename Your Image file to BackgroundDefault.JPG .
- Copy the image into this folder C:\windows\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds
- Open Registry Editor ( Start => run => regedit ).
For windows 7 :
- Now Navigate to this Key
If you cannot find this key then right click in LogonUI and create a new key and name it as Background
- Now Locate OEMBackGround and set the value to 1.If you cannot fine the OEMBackground then right click Background and Create a new Dword , name it as OEMBackground.
- Now your background is changed and if you want your default screen then Change the value to 0.
For windows xp :
- Now navigate to this key
- Open the string ” wallpaper “
- Now enter the new wallpaper name with its full path.
- Thats it.If this doesnt work then try disabling the welcome screen by Doing this :
control panel => user accounts => Change the way users logon or off => unselect ” use welcome screen ” and apply options.
Download this software : Tweak
- Install the software and run it.
- Click change logon screen and You will be prompted to select the image.
- A preview will be shown , when you are satisfied with the Background click test .
Now you have a brand new Background ! hope you have enjoyed reading this Post.