Note : In-order to use this application you will need a Wi-Fi connection on your mobile device and if you wish to connect your mobile phone as webcam for your computer using USB data cable then read this article. How to use Mobile Phone as Webcam with USB
How to Use Android Phone as a Webcam
Steps to Configure on IP Webcam Application
- Adjust the screen resolution, quality, username, password and other adjustments as per your requirement click on the Start server at the end.
- An IP address will appear at the bottom of your android mobile phone screen.Open it in Chrome or Firefox and select Use browser built-in viewer optioon.
- Choose the best options as per your needs and you must see the video loading in the web browser. If not then try again with the another link.
Steps to Follow in IP Camera Adapter
- Open the software from windows and type in all the fields required and click on apply when you are done.
- The camera feed URL must be appended with /videofeed at the end of the IP address and click on the Autodetect button for the screen resolution.
Now open any video conferencing tools like Skype, Google Hangout or Facebook messenger and you must see your video streaming from the Android phone camera on your computer. The application uses the secondary camera of your mobile phone as default and thats because the secondary camera will have more clarity when compared toward the front facing camera.